This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Barcelona Sketches




Here is my entire sketchbook (well actually it is 2.5 A4 moleskine watercolour sketches putt together as one book) from my recent 2 weeks in Barcelona including the 4th international Urban Sketchers Symposium.

If that link doesn't work for you click on the front cover and it will take you to the document in Issuu directly

There is a lot of architecture sketches contained in this book and a lot of future material for this blog.... so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Liz these are some of the most beautiful sketches I have seen for some time. Just absolutely gorgeous. I will be directing some of the architecture staff and students at Coventry Uni to these. I am inspired.
    best regards,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Paul! I would love anyone from Coventry to pop over for a look and hopefully follow my blog. I am planning to start posting more regularly here with lots of tips too! Also can follow me over at lizsteel.com and gets lots of other stuff as well... lots of teacups!
      Am also on facebook too!

      Delete
    2. Your most welcome,
      Already spreading the word. New cohorts arriving immanently so when they are all tucked in and comfortable I shall show them what I expect and nothing less.
      I will check out your other links too.
      Best regards,
      Paul

      Delete

LinkWithin